Sunday, April 1, 2012

Outdoor Chalkboard in the Flowerbed

A couple of Halloween’s ago I made a chalkboard sign and then put it away in the garage.  You can see how I made it here.  I decided to pull it out and place it in my flowerbeds I have been working on these last few weekends. 

outdoorchalkboardsign3

I live in an older neighborhood full of snails.  I have to go snail collecting at night when they come out to try and keep their population down.  I use a flashlight to find them. 

outdoorchalkboardsign2

I think the drought last year cause a major decrease in snails.  When I cleaned out the beds I didn’t find as many as I thought I would.   I still put out snail bait that is safe for pets just in case.  I don’t want them eating all of my new plants. 

I thought the sign would be a fun addition to my flowerbeds and a reminder for those snails to stay away.  Smile

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails