Sunday, January 15, 2012

Word-Health

I am jumping on the word of the year bandwagon and joining Layla’s linky party on Monday. 

My word I am picking for this year is “health”.  It’s what I want most for me and my family.  I want us to maintain physical and mental health. 

HEALTH4

My family including my son exercise regularly and I feel good about that.  I think it does a mind and body good.  My son is appreciating his physical appearance.  That is very important to a teenager.  I can remember having low self esteem at his age and I am glad he does not.   For myself I need to do more strength training. 

weight

As you age, you lose muscle.  It starts in your 40s (that’s me) and increases quickly after about age 50.  I want to keep what I have and maybe add more so I can afford to lose some.  Strength training helps your bones too. 

I eat more fruits and veggies than my family, but I am sure it is still not enough.  I just ordered a juicer.  It should get here this week.

juicer

I also ordered a recipe book, but I have to wait for it to be in stock.

juicerbook

I think it will be easier to get us to drink fruit and veggies when we don’t eat them regularly.  I will let you know how it goes. 

I always pay attention to my mental health.  My mom died from suicide 12 years ago this month.  I was 29 and she was 47.  I never want to be in her shoes so I am always aware of depression and luckily have never suffered from it, but if I do I will get help and be here for my son until I am an old woman if I can help it.  I think being physically health helps me stay mentally healthy. 

This past year I have been taking Vitamin D3 every day.  My doctor prescribed it.

vitd

It is over the counter and cheap!  She says it helps with inflammatory diseases.  Almost every health issue involves inflammation.  I usually have Eczema in the winter time on my legs and face.  This is the first time I have been Eczema free.  I feel like it is from the Vitamin D3.  I take a pill a day.  My doctor did a blood test to see how much I needed to take.  Apparently just about everyone is deficient in this area.  Read about it and see what you think. 

Health is also my word because I have a potential medical problem.  I am going to the doctor next week and should know more in a few weeks.  I am praying it is nothing, but it is smart to get checked as soon as you think you have a health problem so I am. 

"Ill-health of body or of mind, is defeat. Health alone is victory. Let all men, if they can manage it, contrive to be healthy!" Thomas Carlyle

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"Prevention is better than cure."
Desiderius Erasmus

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails