Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Mantel 2011–A Touch of Joy

My mantel is pretty simple and for the first time I am not using my wooden candle holders that always stay no matter what the season.  I used my cone trees I made and bought from last year, (you can read about them here) added a few ornaments and painted JOY in gold and stuck it to my mirror. 

20111127-IMG_4604

I used rub and buff paint for the letters and had a gold hand most of the night but it went away better and faster than I thought it would.

20111127-IMG_4620

I stuck the letters I got from Hobby Lobby to the mirror with heavy duty thick adhesive double side tape.  They stayed up over night so I think that is a good sign they won’t come off until I pull them off.

I added a few ornaments for a bit of bling and to tie in the gold color of the JOY.

20111127-IMG_4617

20111127-IMG_4606

That’s about it…here are a few more shots.

20111127-IMG_4607 copy

20111127-IMG_4608 copy

I still need to add stockings.  I am making new ones this year and I didn’t get to them because I spent forever trying to figure out how to put ribbon on my tree.  I don’t think I am a fan of Christmas tree decorating.  It takes me way too long.  Is  your tree up and decorated?  I just need to put away the boxes now. 

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails