Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspired Candles

I finally got a pottery barn catalog in the mail this weekend.  I will request a catalog and get a few and then they seem to stop coming.  I wonder if it is because I don’t order anything?  The catalogs are great for inspiration. I saw these 2 ideas and thought I would give them a whirl in my own way.

Here are my 2 inspiration photos.

image

image

I almost threw out these little candle holders the other day and after second thought I stashed them away.  I am so glad I did because they fit perfectly inside the top of jars.

IMG_5368

IMG_5370

I got out a few items I already had  that looked similar to what was in the pottery barn candle holder.

IMG_5367

I layered them inside the jar.

IMG_5374

I placed the candle and candle holder on top.

IMG_5377

Next I tied some silk leaves to a bigger jar with twine.  I have seen some other bloggers do something similar and I wanted to share their candles, but I couldn’t find who it was.  If you let me know I will add your name to my post.

IMG_5378

And now I have two easy to change for the seasons candle holders.  

I placed them in different areas of light to show you what they look like.

Day time.

IMG_5379

Dark room.

IMG_5397

IMG_5396

Dim room.

IMG_5407

IMG_5412

IMG_5419

I will be doing some fun things soon to get ready for a Christmas Tea Table Decorating Contest.  You will love the photos I post from the Tea.  The tables are so awesome and it is such a fun experience.  I hope you all had a great weekend. 

 

Tracy

 

Linking to

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails