Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hand Casting

When I shared photos of my son recently, I had a few comments about how our children grow up so fast.  I wanted to share a way to preserve a part of childhood.

When my son was about 4 yrs old I made a cast of his hands at my dental office where I am a hygienist.  Yep, I know you all hate the dentists.  I bet you wouldn’t hate our office.   Especially when you know I get to make neat stuff like this there.

My son’s praying hands.

Let’s just say coordination has never been his strength.  He had trouble making the praying hands, but I still love them.

IMG_0170

IMG_0171

IMG_0172

IMG_0173

IMG_0174

Here you can see how big his hands are compared to when he was a 4 yr old.

IMG_0175 

Since you probably don’t have access to dental materials, I found some hand casting kits online.

I really liked the selection at CastingGifts.com.

Family Hands

cast

Christmas Ornament Kit

cast2

Keepsake Shadow Boxes

cast3

The choices are endless.  It is a great way to preserve memories of your children’s youth and size.

signature2

Linking to

Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

Get Your Craft On @ Today’s Creative Blog

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails