Sunday, May 16, 2010

Magazine Holder

I got a 50 cent wooden magazine holder last week at a garage sale.  This weekend’s garage sales were a bust.  The only thing I got was rained on.  Anyway, I have been tossing ideas around for my holder.  When I saw Miss Mustard Seed’s stool, I knew I wanted a big letter and a sanded distressed look. 

I bought some chipboard letters at Hobby Lobby and a new green paint by Americana called Slate Green.   I wanted to try worm holes for the first time so I found a nail and hammer.

013

I started with this.

006

 

I painted the holder.  I love how acrylic paint dries so fast  and I was able to outline my “D” right away.

001

002

 

  I painted the “D” with Americana Raw Umber.

003

I think the holder is a great color, however, it is too grayish blue for my room even though it said it was green.  I was planning on distressing and glazing it anyway.  I tested the glaze to make sure it made it more of the green I needed.

004

The glaze definitely changed it. 

 

I sanded it.

006

 

Next I glazed the entire magazine holder and place it in it’s new home.

010

011

 

Before

005

After

 007

Thanks for checking it out. 

signature2

Linking to:

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Do it Yourself Day @ A Soft Place to Land

Anything Related Tuesday @ All Thingz Related

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails