Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sentimental Shelf

 

013

I love family heirlooms.  What better way to decorate than with something special and meaningful.  Treasures for sure.  I have a shelf that displays my husband’s great great grandfather’s watch.  I love it.   I took a black and white photo years ago of my son, husband and father in law that sits behind it.  The topiary, candle and bird candle are just items I like and they help fill up the shelf.  I like pieces that have different heights to make the display more interesting.  I love greens and browns mixed together.    The picture below is one of my favorite photos in the  world.  It is a tender moment of my son and dog.  The candle sconces on either side were kind of a yellow off white color and I rusted them up a bit with a acrylic paint.   I always smile when I see this wall.  I hope you like it too.

 009

 

014

 

012

 

015

 029

 

Do you have any family treasures displayed in your house?  If so, how did you use them in your decor?

no_2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails